Reviews – The new silver bullet
Reviews are fast becoming the business weapon of choice and an SEO friend. If you are a local business, then pay attention. Research carried out by BrightLocal states that:
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 7 out of 10 consumers will leave a review for a business if they’re asked to
- 90% of consumers read less than 10 reviews before forming an opinion about a business
- 54% of people will visit the website after reading positive reviews
- 73% of consumers think that reviews older than 3 months are no longer relevant
- 74% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
- 58% of consumers say that the star rating of a business is most important
The Average Star Rating is the most important factor that consumers look at when judging a local business so work hard on getting 4-5 star reviews.
Because of Facebook’s reach and popularity, reviews on Facebook are amongst the best reviews to get.
Google takes note of your reviews. It aggregates results from Facebook, Yell.com, Google Reviews and many review sites that are accredited with Google.
Google Accredited Review Sites
- The Feedback Company
- Shopper Approved
- Trusted Shops
- Verified Reviews
Make it easy for your customers to give you a review by sending them direct links to your review sites or pages. Give then a range of options and guide them through the process because not all customers will have a Gmail account to give a Google review and not all will be comfortable giving a review on Facebook. Keep it simple and give people a choice.
Have any questions? If so, then call now on 01752 295875